It does not matter if it is Koningsdag, The world Cup, Carnival or any other event that involves national pride, when the Dutch celebrate they go all out.
Celebration Time In Holland
1) The country’s economy gets a sudden boost from the sales of any product containing the colour orange.
2) All products that can be make orange, will be orange.
3) In addition, food that really should not be orange suddenly becomes orange anyway.
4) As the special event draws closer the amount of orange increases until it reaches critical mass. This makes the use of orange camouflage a realistic and necessary tactic for any foreign country planning to invade during the celebrations.
5) There is no alcohol left anywhere in The Netherlands. The only option is to cross the border to Belgium if you want a drink.
6) You suddenly become aware of Dutch music being played ever where you go (and a lot of Dutch people singing along to it very, very loudly).
7) It seems as if every man, woman and child living within the Netherlands is trying to fit into the same public space because it has a television providing live coverage.
8) Car horns can suddenly be heard sounding over the entire country despite a lack of traffic jams.
9) The Dutch let go of the fact that their country is called The Netherlands simply so that they can say ‘Hup Holland Hup’ (unless they really are only supporting the West province of the country).
Do you know any other signs to look out for when it’s celebration time in Holland?