Dear people of Holland,
As you know I successfully declared myself the king of your country sometime ago. This happened when I put up flyers around Amsterdam announcing the news and no one objected (thus making it official). It has been sometime since my last royal update so allow me to issue the following news.
It has been over half a year since I relocated my royal residence to Friesland (from the royal apartment of Rotterdam). Having spent some time among the Frisian people and getting to know their culture I have decided to grant them full independence from the rest of The Netherlands. I will not (as one of my Dutch subjects suggested) be ‘selling them to Germany’.
This plan means that the province of Friesland will become its own independent country free of Dutch control. Luckily Friesland already has its own flag, language and national anthem so they are already half way there. In order to achieve full Frisian Independence I will be making the following changes over the next few months.
Steps towards Frisian Independence:
1) Frisian will be added to Google Translate (Done).
2) Orange will remain the national colour of Friesland but it will be a slightly different shade of orange from the Dutch.
3) Dutch people within Friesland will now be considered ‘expats’ or ‘tourists’.
4) Border control will be set up between Friesland and The Netherlands.
5) Frisian passports will be issued to all residence of Friesland.
6) Canal jumping will be made an official Olympic sport.
7) Friesland will be represented by its own football team in the European and World Cup.
8) A Frisian edition of the Euro will be created featuring proud Frisian heritage such as; a Friesian horse, carbidschieten and a slow moving tractor.
9) A Frisian representative will be added to the UN.
10) Frisian embassies will be set up in all the major cities of the world.
11) Sloten will be declared the new capital of Friesland.
12) All websites hosted in Friesland will now end with ‘.fr’. Since this designation already belongs to France negotiations will be opened for them to change theirs.
13) A national Friesland day will be created.
14) The name ‘Friesland’ will be changed to ‘The Independent and Glorious Country of Fryslân’.